Thursday 19 December 2013

cafebiz @ traders hotel

today is our annual lab lunch so this yr, our prof brought us to cafebiz at traders hotel.... quite excited cause another lab member said that the food there was not bad... & hotel food ma, shouldn't be too bad la....

xmas welcome us at the lobby
the café table setup
first impression of the place was not too bad, relatively spacious but from the look... the choice of food doesn't seem to be ALOT.... let me share of the food pic I took.....
 

the rojak corner
 sushi.... quite limited choices
the fruits/salad section 
some fresh seafood & appetizer 
coffee corner...  
indian vegetarian corner.... different kinds of gravy 
I find the different coloured sugar container quite pretty... so took a pic... this isn't food wor 
different salad dressing 
is dec, so there is turkey 
dessert corner 
ice cream + ice kajang machine 
more ice kajang topping & chocolate fondue
 
these are majority of the food there, there is still the laksa, roast meat & some other cooked food section which I lazy to take the pic.....  I was really disappointed with the Japanese food section, I expected much more sushi variety... & the lack of sashimi was totally shocking... & the sushi wasn't well prepared either... so deh deh for Japanese food.... lets move onto the food I sampled
1st round of food

 prawns were ok... sushi deh deh... soba average.... I love the salad I made... I added lettues, LOTS of corn, bacon bits, pumpkin seeds, almond flakes & top with Caesar dressing... really very nice... love the sweetness from the corn & crunchiness from the nuts....
2nd round of food

porridge ok.... normal plain porridge whereby u can add any toppings.... I didn't like the turkey, kind of dry... broccoli gratin was like my god, where is the cheese? is just like boiled veggie.... baked veggie were ok... bread with garlic butter were of cause nice.... the feta gravy was not bad.. papadam was nice.... really love that.... actually by now I am quite full already.... but I still haven't tried my rojak so must still expand my stomach abit more
3rd round of food

 THE rojak... ok.... not bad... but I like the crispy dao pok & you tiao.... chili prawn was average, the ox cheek stew was nice & tender, creamy dory thing was quite nice too... veggie average... greedy me went to take papadam again & the gravy... but really too full... I barely ate this round of food.... but no matter how full I was, I MUST still eat dessert.....
last round of food

can see how full I was that I only took so little for the dessert... got quite a number of cakes but really... cant stuff myself anymore... I only took the chocolate mousse cake, quite rich & not bad... fruits were ok... waffle was freshly made so not too bad....
 
in short, I think the buffer at traders hotel was ok... at least is one-for-one so I can make do with this selection of food... but personally my favourite is Japanese cuisine so I guess this Asian style buffet isn't really for me

No comments:

Post a Comment