Friday 20 December 2013

money changer @ the arcade

so after the buffet, I went down to the arcade to change $ since I am going to Taiwan & hongkong next week.... actually now really isn't a good time to change $, both currencies rates are quite bad now.... but yen rate is damn good now... kns... after I decided not to go japan then yen rate so gd... so irritating!!!!

back to the money changer... OMG!!! so many people... almost every money changer is flooded with people!!! the last time I went down in late morning, there wasn't many people... at most just 2 people queuing!!! anyway....as usual, must survey almost all the outlets before I change $.... & I felt the people's corner money changer rate is the best among all the stores, at least for twd & hkd... today's rate was 1sgd to 23.15twd & 1sgd to 6.12hkd... definitely not the best rates but I think is one of the better ones among these 2 wks.... due to the large amount of people, my bf & I queued about a good 30-40min.... seriously so many people are travelling now??? & all so free to go down in the afternoon to change $, don't they need to work????

so after changing $, we went down to the Taiwan tourism board to get freebies.... they will change their freebies every now and then... for this month, the freebie is some "souvenir snack" thing that you can collect from the taoyuan duty free shop...
the gift coupon
 just bring down this coupon to the shop to exchange for some gift... I don't know what is that, shall see when I am in Taiwan.... to get the freebie, just need to show them your itinerary to Taiwan & a documented proof for at least 1 night stay in Taiwan.... in addition to freebie, you can also get some places of interest brochures & maps  of Taiwan... so I think is a pretty good place to check out especially when you are not sure what to plan for the trip =)

No comments:

Post a Comment