Sunday 15 December 2013

FOOD

back to review on some of the food that I ate yesterday.... went down to orchard to buy xmas presents for my friends, as usual everywhere is packed with people but lucky we had our dinner early so we didn't have to fight with a lot of people....

1st stop = Sapporo petit doughnut @ taka basement


 
wanted to try this store quite sometime ago but normally we are quite full so didn't get the chance.... actually is nothing really fancy about it but then as long as something comes from japan... the packaging just makes it look much nicer & tastier... there are total of 8 flavours: custard, cheese, chocolate cream, strawberry milk, red bean, pumpkin cream, cafelatte cream & apple cream... the doughnuts are really petite... bite size.... taste wise I would say is not too bad but is so small that, you hardly get much of the filling... & price wise is on the steep side... 8pieces for $4.80.... 60cent/pc.... for something so small, is definitely too expensive but I think is ok to try it once... just try something new....

2nd stop: MEDZ @ orchard central basement
is marche style but I feel is on the cheaper ends & focus on mediterranean food.... same concept, go around the stores to order anything you like, pay with the card & get the "token", when it light up then go get your food... simple concept.... I would say the price isn't much cheaper from a normal restaurant but you don't need to pay service charge so that is like 10% discount already... so I kind of like this place....
 our all time favourite = rosti.... for rosti with sour cream, it cost $5.90... is for 1 pax, I think the diameter is about 15cm, but I think is ok to share....
 the little stone on the table which indicate the seats were taken... quite a cute thing actually
 the purpose we went back to MEDZ is because of this = calzone... we wanted to try last time but we already ordered pizza so is kind of stupid to order calzone which is somewhat similar... first impression... very big curry puff... which is somewhat like that
we ordered pesto chicken... erm.... the chicken tasted kind of dry & blend but is healthy.... my favourite thing is the cheese... I like the mozzarella cheese... so yes.. that's why I like to eat pizza =) this cost $13.90.... I wont say is very expensive

3rd stop: toast box at robinson basement
we had the rosti & calzone for dinner... honestly that was not enough for 2 adults but yesterday I wasn't feeling well so for my appetite was enough but not so for my bf ma... so we crossed over to buy drink from cold storage cause the drinks are super expensive at MEDZ... after that we saw toast box so had a snack there....
I think I tried the peanut butter toast before... ok.... quite generous with the spread but I think if there are more peanut chunks on top will be nicer.... for $1.70.... I think is ok....

No comments:

Post a Comment