Monday 5 May 2014

gown selection at La belle (part 1)

*back dated entry*

before i go onto the actual post... i must praise myself that my blog had reached more than 1000 view!!! omg!!! of cause compared to those popular blogger, this is nothing.. but to me, this is amazing cause  i actually didnt expect people to really read my posts... so really want to thank all the kind souls who read my blog....

onwards to the review about the gown selection at La belle... this is actually a super back dated entry... i actually went down for selection on 1st april, that's like more than 1 month ago but due to some personal issue & my lazy ass, i keep dragging this post.... to refresh everyone's memory, i actually signed up a bridal package with La belle for the pre-wedding shoot during their roadshow at orchard hotel.... the studio is at 87 Tanjong Pagar Rd & they keep the gown on the second floor... so basically that road has whole stretch of bridal shops.... i wont say La belle has like ALOT of variety of gowns but i guess the selection is still ok la... so for my shoot, i can choose a total of 4 gowns, 2 for the actual day & 2 for outdoor shoots.... first up, i will talk about my wedding gowns.... pictures time... sorry ar, i cover my face since most of them were like unglam shots or weird expressions.. also please pardon my flabby arms & protruding tummy....

not bad but abit plain
top is nice but i dont really like the bottom

ok ok lo

this gown is quite unique, is the front short behind long kind... but nope... too small for me...

the super long train... i quite like the satin material but then is too heavy... think i will die of heat stroke

front looks ok....
but the back is nice wor.. i like the lacy part... but didnt choose cause i look fat.. haiz....
after trying afew of the gowns, i managed to narrow down to 2 top choices....
my 2nd choice... kind of look slimmer hor... please ignore my friend's finger
i quite like this gown, really tore between my top 2 choices..for this gown, the dress is actually has abit sparkling material so i think will look stunning under spotlight but i didnt really like tube top since like everybody also wear so i decided to go for the other dress... my 1st choice

tada... my choosen gown
this is more of a classic feel which is actually something that i really wanted to have... there is like a row of crystals & stones at the collar part so i think it bring out the elegant side of the dress.... the material is like full lace so again... classic feel.... this is the side view so i think it didnt do justice to the dress.... so i must slim down my flabby arms before the shoot so that it will look nicer =)

next... is the evening gowns selection.... honestly i feel that La belle has more variety of wedding gowns than evening gowns... probably due to the limited colours that i can choose... because mama say cant choose dark colours.... haiz.... nevermind... pictures time again =)

the fairy godmother lookalike... i quite like the design but then look fat hor...

standard gown lo

seriously, i think i look like some china porcelain vase but apparently my friends & the staff said i look good in it...

i dont really like cheongsum cause i am fat!!! argh!!!

my favourite dress!!
actually i really like this grey dress, fell in love with in since the day i saw it at the La belle roadshow.... really love the gothic look but sadly mama say NO black/grey & they dont have other colours... haiz... so can only try shuang.....
1 of my choices
this light blue gown is 1 of my choice for evening gown... quite unique.... i actually tried afew more gowns after that but we stopped taking pictures so sorry, that's the end for photo time....

after trying out the gowns for like 3hr+, i managed to confirm my wedding gowns, 2 potential evening gowns (1 light blue = above & pink = not shown) & 1 outdoor dress (short wedding dress but picture not shown)... so i went back to show mama the pictures & the nightmare comes.... other than my wedding gown, the other 3 dresses she totally disagreed with my choice... say the colour too light & the style not nice... & forbid me to wear short wedding gowns.... i was like WTF!!!! then we had like this argument & big hoha.... so moral of the story, i had to re-select my gowns.... haiz.... so for the upcoming selection, i am going to bring mama along & let her choose then i try on.... ... so lets wait for part 2 of this gown selection, i hope there wont be a part 3 =p

No comments:

Post a Comment