Friday 18 July 2014

commencement 2014 + soup restaurant dinner

*back dated entry*

i have FINALLY & OFFICIALLY graduated on 12th July 2014!!! YEAH!!!! second time attending commencement, then i realised time really flies.... it was 5yrs ago when i graduated with my degree.... after 9yrs in NUS, i have obtained my PhD title..... although i am very unhappy with the NUS systems, there are just too many shitty people around who do nothing but create trouble for others, i do feel grateful that i was given the opportunity to do my postgraduate study... actually when i collected my graduation gown 2wks ago... i felt amazing... i didnt expect myself to be able to obtain the Doctorate title.... i am neither the super smart kind of people nor the super hardworking people.... but i was lucky that i managed to get the scholarship to further my studies... so till this date, i am still quite puzzled that i didnt get kicked out.... really want to express my gratitude to my prof who has been so patient with me & wrote me recommendation letter & guided me to the research field.... also great thanks to my family & my bf who are so supportive during my studies.... & of cause the lab & everyone who has helped me in 1 way or another....

shake hands with Prof Tan
after 9yrs in NUS, this is the first time i met Prof Tan Chorh Chuan lea... big shot lea.... when i saw the pre-ceremony video, Dr Tony Tan came down for the first commencement slot lea.... super BIG shot.... & this year the trend was to take selfie.... there were quite a number of students who took selfie with the presenter during the ceremony.... i know is cool but then it will cause trouble for others since their actions will delay the schedule... but heng that there wasnt any of such people on sat, so the event ended earlier than i thought....

beautiful bouquets
really thankful for those who came down to take pictures with me... love the rilakkuma graduation bear than my bf gotten from taobao.... he has been keeping it for more than 1yr =p

after that we went to clementi mall for dinner & my jiejie choose soup restaurant cause they went to crystal jade for lunch...  luckily we came earlier  & beat the dinner crowd... so we managed to have this semi-private corner for ourselves...

steam chicken with minced ginger

fried rice

braised tofu

some vegetarian thing

cereal prawn

corn, carrot+pork rib soup

desserts
personally i am not a fan of soup restaurants, i felt their dishes taste average & slightly on the pricey side.... the steam chicken was the best dish of the night, the fried rice was not bad too.... however, i was quite disappointed with the cereal prawn, it just tasted very spicy... not to mention dessert.... all super sweet = sugar water only... BUT at least we had a comfortable dinner =)

No comments:

Post a Comment