Tuesday 21 January 2014

i PASSED my defense!!!!

today is one of the most important day in my life, my phD defense day!!!! actually since the first day i embark on my postgraduate journey, i kind of dreaded the defense date cause i knew i will be super nervous & cant answer the examiners questions, so it did occur to me many times that may be i should just graduate with a master then just need to write thesis, dont need to present = sure pass... but of cause, i decided to just continue & brave through the next 2yrs and arrived today = the DATE for defense.... i wont say i m super prepared for it as there will always be unexpected questions being asked... but i did try to think of as many questions as possible to preempt myself & practice the presentation many times..... & true enough, unexpected things happened....

1st: i didnt know that the chairperson is appointed by the department, i always thought will be 1 of the examiners, most likely the external one
2nd: & the chairperson is someone i kind of fear due to his ability to ask so many questions
3rd: external examiner dont need to be present, then in the 1st place why ask me to go & find 1... kns....
4th: almost ALL the questions i prepared were not asked... like WTF... ok... but at least did predict afew
5th: examiners asked me very general questions & stupid me forgot to prepare for those... like OMFG i wan2 die when they asked me those questions but i still have to act brave....

BUT..... sad things aside..... i still managed to pass my defense!!! like OMG YEAH!!!! i think the examiners kind of took pity on me... see me so poor thing, endured 4yrs of studies & kena bombarded by questions till can see the i am so dead face...... but.... dont care.... I DONT care what are the reasons... the main and most important thing is that i PASSED!!!! of cause still need to make amendments to my thesis & brush up on my general knowledge but hey... at least today is worth celebrating!!!!!

really want to thank everyone who have helped me in any ways, be it the admin staffs who booked the room for my defense, collaborators who helped in the research, lab members who helped me in my work, prof for all his guidance, examiners who came down, anyone else whom i have forgot to mention but still helped me in one way or another, support from my family... & lastly is my fiance.... who really helped, supported and encouraged me throughout the 4yrs.... thank you darling =) so with this, i can finally embark officially on planning for our wedding!!!! yeah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment